1-ADB Funded NWFP urban development project (2006-2008)
Major Components of the Project are as under:
- a) Urban Development:
- Urban Plans of 24 towns, of which Structure Plans of 7 towns (of Phase-I) have already been prepared under the TA, while Structure Plans of the remaining of 17 towns will be prepared under the project.
- Infrastructure Improvement including town specific investment in one or more subprojects comprising Water Supply, Sewerage and Sanitation, Drainage, Solid Waste Management, Roads and Local Access Roads of the 7 Phase-I towns, and sub-projects that will be identified through Structure Plans/local Plans of the remaining 17 towns.
- Community development and participation through establishment of CBOs.
- b) Institutional Development:
- Implementation support.
- Municipal finance capacity building.
- Incremental administration support to the concerned Tehsil Municipal Administrations (TMAs).
BritGaspar being lead consultant provided the input of Financial Management & Institutional Development Expert to the consortium of consultants.